User Name
Password

Old 05-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
JBender

Car Specs: Gold 1990 NA 2+0
My Garage
Send a message via AIM to JBender
Addition to the ECU Diagnostics page

I don't really know where to post this on the boards, so here it is. This is a useful addition / alternative that you might want to add to the ECU diagnostics page that makes checking codes a 10-second, tool-less procedure.

Tools required:
1" piece of wire

Time required:
1 minute

1) Turn the ignition switch on, but don't start the car.

2) Location the connection for the Nissan Consult (underneath the driver's side of the dash, near the hood pull).

3) Use a 1" piece of wire, and connect the two highlighted pins for 2-3 seconds

4) Read the flashes of the Check Engine light as you would the diagnostic LED on the ECU.

5) If you want to go to the heated oxygen sensor mode, you can start the car at this point, and the check engine light will be the display for the driver's side oxygen sensor.

6) Use the wire to connect the same pins for 2-3 seconds to switch to the passenger's side oxygen sensor.

7) To exit Mode II, connect the same pins for 2-3 seconds. You can confirm that the ECU is back to normal, the Check Engine light will stay lit as normal when the key is in the On position (not flashing).

I've been using this for the past few days, and it makes it very easy to check ECU codes at any time. I just keep the jumper wire in the glove box, and it's always handy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  ecu.jpg
Views: 3395
Size:  57.2 KB  
"Purpose of site is to archive Z information. It is found by using search. Same reason you go to a library to read books to research a topic instead of standing in the library lobby shouting your question hoping someone has read the books your answer is in." - LordZ, TT.net
Offline:   Reply With Quote