View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
93daytona

Car Specs: 1990 2+2 5spd
Send a message via AIM to 93daytona
Powdercoating progress thread

Back in january I picked up a 90 2+0 for $550. I wound up getting a good running engine out of it, so before I swap it in, I'm taking the time to clean it up nice and powdercoat everything.

First things I did was the ps fluid resevoir in high gloss black

Before:

After, Yea I missed a bit under the cap, but it was the first thing I pc'd. You'll never see it anyway

Next up were the CAS bracket, t-stat housing, the fuel lines on top of the engine, a couple random brackets, and the pulleys for the water and ps pumps. THe bracket and housing were done in chrome, but I added an %85 gloss top coat to dull it down to make it look more like a polished aluminum. The pulleys, fuel lines, and brackets are candy red

Before:

After:

Last week my g/f's dad took my plenum to work and bead blasted it for me. I'll be shooting this with the same chrome I did the CAS bracket and t-stat housing in, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna top coat it yet. I want a polished aluminum finish, but the tecture of the manifold itself may tone down the chrome to where I want it. The plenum is ready to coat, I just need to build an extension for my oven to fit it in, which I'll be doing this weekend or next.

That's all I have done as of now, but this weekend I think I'll be shooting my wiper arms with satin black and do some of the fittings from the plenum candy red. More pics soon

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/762589/1
Offline:   Reply With Quote