View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #7
93daytona

Car Specs: 1990 2+2 5spd
Send a message via AIM to 93daytona
Re: Finally pieced together my new fronstage

well I'll fast forward to the end of the install. The door panels fit back on, but I need to get some resin to glass the mounts for the door panel clip back on.

The horns are installed also, but I don't have any pics of them. After a little trimming of the horn body, and of the drivers kick panel, I got them to tuck up out of the way. I don't even notice them anymore.

The mids freakin rock. I really can live without subs right now. I've got the mids open on the bottom end. They play solid at full volume down into the 40hz range, and if you click it back a few notches, they play clean down into the 30's. The mids are very snappy. Mudvayne - Dig has become one of my new favorites Above 1000hz or so, the imaging is very good (horn are known for having good imaging out of the box with little tuning). Below that the stage pulls left a bit, but a little time alignment will fix that. I think the most pleasing part is how high the sensitivity of the setup is. Right now they're running off a jl 300/4, which does 75rms @ 1.5 - 4ohms. The mids and horns are both 8ohm drivers, so the mids aren't seeing more than 40rms, and the horns probably aren't seeing more than 5 watts rms since I've got the gains WAY back(they have a 103db sensitivity ). As it sit's they're just about as loud as my old setup, with less than half the power.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/762589/1
Offline:   Reply With Quote