View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #1
93daytona

Car Specs: 1990 2+2 5spd
Send a message via AIM to 93daytona
Finally pieced together my new fronstage

Last summer I sold my CDT 6.5" components to my buddy so I could buy new tires. The plan was to piece together a new setup by the fall, and have it installed by the winter. Didn't happen. Around september, I took advantage of a group buy that Second Skin was running, and picked up 40 sq ft of origional damplifier, and 24 sq ft of overkill (closed cell neoprene foam) all at %25 off A month or so later I picked up a used set of Image Dynamics CD1-pro minihorns for $225 shipped with a spare set of bodies. That's about where it stalled, since money got diverted elsewhere. Yesterday I finally got around to buying the peerless 8" midbasses to go with the horns, so my 10 months of piss poor audio will end as soon as I finish finals.

FWIW, I reinstalled the bose fronts after I sold the CDT's, and I ran them off my JL 300/4. Thankfully my h/u has a ton of eq'ing power, since I lost the built in eq'ing when I ditched the stock deck. In december, the drivers side bose mid tore itself to pieces. I then went about 4 months without a pass side mid, until I temporarily threw in an old clarion mid I had laying around. Yea, I can't friggen wait

Here's the deadener, all of which will get layed onto the doors. I'll need it to keep the 8's from tearing my doors apart

Here's the horns

and here's the midbasses that should be here in a few business days

I'll get some real pics of the mids up when they arrive, and in a couple weeks I'll start the build pics

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/762589/1
Offline:   Reply With Quote